Wednesday Wish List. The Military Jacket.

Hello my sweets! Hope you're having a fabulous week! I have been non stop working (sad face). However, in the shop, I noticed my manager's jacket hanging up in the cloakroom. It was similar to this one... 

I stared at it for possibly too long (maybe tried it on) and thought to myself how I would never be able to wear something so...not pretty. Despite it not being to my taste, I couldn't stop thinking about it. The manager wears it so well which inspired me to think of outfits I could team it with to create something for everyone. It turns out this military jacket can be quite versatile and gives a cool look to simple numbers. 



Miltitary Jacket: Armed with Flowers



I just love mixing styles. Girly and floral with grungy military. Effortlessly throw the jacket on and you look like you're with the band (I'm thinking of a Nirvana type) without trying to hard and copying your boyfriend. This is more my look. I would choose to wear this in the summer when it gets a bit chilly at night when you're out in town or the beach. 







 This is my little 90's inspired look. Crop top? Check. Mom Jeans? Check. Scrunchie? Check. Awesome jacket? Check! You're looking fabulous and you can take this look up town to lunch which may turn into cocktail hour, which will most likely turn into a night out. I colour pops with shoes. I think it just looks so cool and fabulous. I have seen many celebs do it, so if Diane Kruger can do it, so can I. 


I didn't really know what to call this look. I wanted to say "cool" but that seemed, well...very uncool. So hipster seems appropriate. Shorts, converses and dream catchers. Tumblr "hipsters" and this is what you get. I actually like this look and would wear in a second. It is so casual and by adding tights and a cardigan you can take this look with you through autumn. I'd wear it with high heeled boots, not converses. I need my heels. I like being a few more inches of fabulous. 

So there are my looks. Hope you're enjoying the summer! It's heatwave week in Scotland and I'm a little lobster. Where's my factor 50 sunblock?! 

Little Katie 

4 comments

  1. Love the last look the best, although you've styled it well in all the outfits!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want a military jacket too! their so on trend right now and I just love them:)
    spencrescurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted a military jacket. Have to buy one soon! I love the 'hipster' look, mainly because it's casual and like dressing up casual.

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Check details here :)

    http://gembolini.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete