Healthy body. Healthy Mind.

Hello there! It's been too long! A week since my last post! I am so sorry that I haven't blogged in a whilie but I have been busy organising paperwork for my new flat. Yes, you heard right, I finally have a new flat! Up until last Wednesday I thought I was going to be homeless after August, when this flat's tenancy ends, and I am moving into a 2 bed flat with my bestie. It's going to be so cosy and will definitely be doing a post once I move in about how I decorated our new "crib". Anyhoos, along with work everyday, that is what has been keeping me from my blog :( I know, it makes me sad too. It's hard to juggle everything. 


But things are changing. 



 I have written posts about looking up and being more positive which have been quite popular (thank you!). I am happy to say that since getting this flat I have been a lot more happier, positive and productive. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders and space has been created in my mind for more things. I have started writing, everyday, in a little book 3/4 positive things that has happened in the day and then notes for the week or the next day to keep up my positivity. It's a great feeling. I do it just before I go to sleep so my mind is at ease knowing things are good in my life. Let's be honest, it could be a hell of a lot worse. I may not know what I'm doing with my life but at least I'm enjoying it. 

My little book of positivity

I have also started to make a conscious effort to eat healthier. I go through phases of eating really well and then not so well. Terrible in fact. For the past month it has been takeaways, biscuits, nachos and chocolate. It is beginning to show. I am trying to eat as clean as I can for 3 days to give me a good start. I am going to cut down on my junk food in take. Obviously "Brooklyn Diner" is going to happen every now and again. (If you stay in Edinburgh and haven't ordered from there, you are missing out.) Chocolate will always be in my cupboard and those nights where me and Anastasia sit up all night eating nachos are bliss and will never go. However I know that eating fruit and veggies are important to your body and I know that I feel better when I've had a salad or a veggieful dinner than if I have a curry from Haqs. I am a true believer of a "Healthy body. Healthy Mind." It's a tough world we are living in and we must have a strong mind, body and spirit. 


my healthy shop



I'm getting back to exercising during the day, go running or walk into town rather than the bus. I use to go running 5 times a week but that became a bit obsessive so I want to at least run twice a week. 

So my 3 day of eating healthy boost is this: 

Day 1: 
Breaky: Porridge. I added blueberries and honey as it's a natural sweetener and scrummy!
Lunch: I screwed this up already as I was running late for work and threw together a toastie with light dairylee triangles and cherry tomatoes on seeded bread and a banana as I went out the door.
Dinner: Chicken and bacon salad from work. 
Late night snack: After I get home from work at the pub I am always hungry so I had a bowl of special K. Not great but better than chips and cheese from the chipy, right? 

Day 2 (today) 
Breaky: Banana and honey on toast and blue berries. 
Lunch: Salad with so much goodness. 
Dinner: 3 egg white omelet with onion and tomatos. I might add a tiny tiny tiny bit of cheese. 
Snacks: Greek yogurt. (real stuff. Not that "greek style impostor) and fruit. 

Day 3: 
Breaky: Porridge
Lunch: Whole wheat pitta pocket with lettuce, tomato, cucumber with quorn pieces. 
Dinner: Chicken breast with herds and lemon juice with baby potatoes and veg.
Snacks: Yogurt, toast with peanut butter, fruit. 

As you can see I've taken chocolate out of that for just 3 days. I just want to give my body a break from it. But remember that everything is absolutly fine in moderation! You can have what ever you want as long as you have a balanced diet. A takeaway a week is ok but not if you have one every night. Chocolate is fine everyday. A normal bar. Not a 200g bar everyday. Also I've read when you're eating clean you're not meant to drink coffee. Um WHAT?! I can't do that. I am Katie and I am a coffee addict. I have cut down though. From 3-5 cups a day to 1. Well..maybe 2. But still! I deserve a round of caffeinated applause. 

I love a good apple

So let's hope I start feeling a bit less sluggish and I am going to keep this positivity up. Things seem to be working out. 

Little Katie 


4 comments

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award because I think you have a really cool blog! Head over to my blog to take part in it!!

    http://thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ordered from Brooklyn Diner but my god, Haqs is amazing! I used to live on Brunswick Street just off Leith Walk and Haqs was a little too close for me to resist!
    Good luck on your health kick :) x

    http://whoisjillian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah already messed it up but overall I'm trying to make healthier choices. You have no idea how excited I am that someone on here knows exactly what takeaways I'm talking about!!! I actually squeeled when I read that you use to order from haqs! :D

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new flat! I definitely agree that having a heathy body is so important - unfortunately I don't stick to a healthy diet all the time myself, but it's work in progress! I love porridge for breakfast too. :)

    Ayesha xxx
    Http://alycheeaday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete