Top Of The Crops.


The Spice Girls did it. Britney did it. We're doing it. I'm talking about the fashion statement that is being seen everywhere. The Crop-Top.



Spice up your life with a crop top.
Honestly, the style has had to grow on me. I first thought it looked...well, stupid. My first thought was; "We're in Scotland. Aren't those girls cold? Let me get them a jumper." 
I soon learned that they can look faaabulous. You can put them together with different jewellery pieces, shorts, skirts and jeans to create a look to suit you. My look has been described as "retro/girly/boho", whatever that means. I like pretty things, I like the 70s and 60s, I love fashion and I love crop tops.

Despite my body confidence issues in the past, I have found myself appreciating that I have a little waist and should show it off. With this in mind, I have accumulated a selection of crop tops.



The thing about these little tops is that
1: They are (usually) cheap.
2: Anyone can wear them.
3: It is about Girl Power!

From Glamourmagazine.co.uk


I tend to wear mine with high waisted skirts. High waisted things are the way forward if you want to rock the crop but don't feel comfortable with showing your whole torso. Let's be honest, the photos I took from Glamour Magazine make it look like we need to have abs of steel and a personal trainer to wear them but I know that I love biscuits and chocolate. The thing about showing just a tiny bit of flesh gives the illusion of a little waist and is oh so sexy. It's just a little taster. (Ooh you teaser!)



It goes back to the saying I keep hearing my friends tell me; "It's all about the confidence." I had a big confidence issue when I was younger and it still can affect me today but put your best heels on and strut your stuff, tell yourself that you are the muthafucking boss and you are. It is about girl power too, for years men have been walking about with their tops off (not always a pretty sight), and now we can walk about without caring to bare with a crop top.

You can add a denim jacket in the day and a floaty, flirty kimono at night, or a blazer to smarten it up. So versatile.

From my wardrobe comes a couple of styles.

Top: Miss Selfridge
Blazer: New Look
Shorts: Primark
Shoes: Primark
Necklance: H&M


Top: H&M
Skirt: River Island
Shoes: New Look

My budget steal! Top: Primark £2
Skirt: Primark: £3


What are your thoughts on crop tops? How do you like to wear your's? 

Little Katie 
xxx

16 comments

  1. I don't usually wear crop-tops. I have I think one in my closet with a palm tree from H&M. I'm sure I am gonna wear it on my holidays with shorts or just to my bikini :)

    Mary x
    http://crazyinlife1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only like crop tops when I'm wearing high waisted trousers! Haha :) I remember wanting a wardrobe full when I was little and in my Spice Girls phase! Haha.

    trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of crop tops but I am now too self conscious to wear it. I have got one in my drawer, maybe I'll dig it out this weekend and wear it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should! I'm expecting a post about it now! X

      Delete
  4. cropped tops and high waisted skirts is my favorite trend right now!
    spencrescurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "tell yourself that you are the muthafucking boss and you are."
    Love that line. Too many girls are afraid of being confident because they don't want to come off as bitchy. But honestly, confidence is awesome and shouldn't be confused with being vain. Its great to see people becoming more confident!

    <3 buildingtheconfidence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I use to be so negative about myself because I didn't want to sound vain but there's nothing wrong with loving yourself. It's better to love than to hate ✌️

      Delete
  6. Crop tops! I've gained a lot of weight recently and so I can't really wear them too cropped and I've never tried one on...butttttt as I'm going on vacation I found a suitable one from Forever 21 and hopefully I can pull it off!

    Keep in touch!
    Jen xx
    jenteablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will! Anyone can if they add the right things to it :) jazz it up with a fancy necklace! X

      Delete
  7. You really have such a lovely selection! And I agree, you don't have too be really slim too wear a crop top, if you wanna wear it then wear it! I have loved crop tops for years, especially pairing with high waisted pieces - match made in heaven!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    Gorgeous crop tops, love the miss selfridge one!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful selection doll. I love crop tops and I like to style them in many different ways. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've worn a crop top since the 90's!

    Jemma @ Jemma In Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's all coming back! Dig it out and work it!

      Delete
  11. I love a good crop top! My friend Miriam absolute hates them haha!
    I like the outfits you have put together too, they're so pretty especially the last one :D
    I think its good that there's more ways to style them out there than back to the ol' spice girl days, gives more chance to experiment with what works :D
    great post!

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete