Audrey Hepburn; My Ultimate Idol.

Audrey Hepburn
My Take on Audrey


Issa short dress
$885 - jades24.com


Shift dress
$84 - sugarhillboutique.com


Poem black sweater
$26 - oliverbonas.com


TESSA black pants
$145 - yoox.com


David Yurman pearl jewelry
davidyurman.com





Audrey Hepburn is my ultimate idol. I think idol is an understatement actually. She is everything I aspire to. Even as she rests, I admire her with all of my heart. I am currently reading a biography of her and I am realising the hardship she went through as a child. She lived through the terrors of WWII in Holland, moved to a different country (England) and became a star. She broke the mould of Hollywood. She was not the average "type" of star. She was tall, thin and reserved. But she had something in those big eyes that captured the heart of everyone. 

Audrey's style was classic. She kept it simple with mostly black and white or block colours. Being thin, she kept necklines high and her tiny waist was highlighted with structure. A drawn in waist and shape on the hips from clothes was her main look. In the 60's the waist in dresses was dropped with the arrival of the shift dress and Audrey's tall figure could perfectly pull this off. She didn't need flamboyant fashion to make a statement, she kept it simple and structured. Her beauty and elegance shined through. 






Of course everyone knows her for Breakfast at Tiffany's (admittedly not my favourite film of hers), but did you know that during WWII her mother, a Baroness in the Netherlands, opened their doors to the homeless and starved. They all lived on tiny portions gruel, including little Audrey. At that time she suffered from malnutrition, edema and anaemia. It was her haunting war time experience and pure heart that drove her to join UNICEF later. 


     Audrey originally trained to be a ballerina but being 5"7, she was a difficult dance partner and  it was said that she "was not the best dancer". However she looked very good on screen. She found her true calling as she first had a selection of cameos in films and slowly worked her way up until she got her deserved recognition in "Roman Holiday" with the dashing Gregory Peck.  Her fame rose from there.




Audrey became an icon on screen, in fashion and with society. Her grace, elegance and kindness glowed around her. She only wanted to love. She wanted to share her love with everyone she could. Audrey became an ambassador for Unicef and retired from acting to care for her family. Everyone should have the same kindness in their heart as she did. She is a true angel. 

You can also get her classic style so easily in the high street. I created the set above on Polyvore. You can't go wrong with a bit of Hepburn inspiration. 


*images from google.com

11 comments

  1. I wish I could look like her everyday. She was such a natural beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post,hun!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab post and great blog, I have followed you with Bloglovin and if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey is so beautiful! Love her. :)
    Her fashion was spot on, wasn't it? Just perfect.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know her...well her history, but you have inspired me to look her up as she is such a big icon for so many people. Plus the clothing was really cute. Love your choices.

    <3 buildingtheconfidence.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I just love the black dress and glasses, gorgeous pieces x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her so much as much as your blog ,audrey hepburn is pretty elegant and looks happy and just great everywhere ,love your post really much ♥♥
    http://xenibee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her style and she was such a natural beauty! I really like your blog and would love to stay in touch. Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and gfc? Please let me know. :)

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this inspiration, it's downright beautiful, the clothes are chosen as ideal and perfect for this season do you think if we keep looking? kisses :)

    http://Encimademiszapatos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete