Zomato: A Foodie's Favourite App




Are you hungry? Hungry for an appetising app maybe? I give you Zomato





I was I introduced to Zomato last year and have never looked back.
So, what exactly is Zomato? 
It's an app where you can view menus, rate bars, cafés and restaurants, comment, like, follow and take a food photo. 

Taking photos of your food has gone from Facebook and I know that my friends laugh at me as I try and move my plate to the light; but with Zomato you can shamelessly take that pic, because you're "reviewing". You can be the best food critic and your foodie photos have a home in Zomato. 




I'm looking for a bite to eat before I treck into town. Which has the better rating? 

Shopping can be hungry work and now the Fringe Festival is on, all the more reason for me to be running round the city. The app allows you to see all the eateries near by based on your location. Oh technology these days! No more hopeless wandering for Katie! You can actually see where I've been, which is called a " food journey". So you could all!most say that your on a journey of discovery. A discovery of great eats. 
During the Edinburgh Fringe, there are so many more eateries too. It makes the decision 10 times harder but Zomato have a section for your Festival food cravings. You can find more info here

It also aids my obsessive competitiveness. The more you review, comment and check in, the more points you get and you can go from your average "foodie" to "food expert". 

I want to go and eat out just so I can review more and up my game. I NEED TO BE THE FOOD CHAMPION!!!    

So before you head out for lunch, make sure you download the app. Let me know so I can get more point than you!

Until next time...



2 comments

  1. I've heard of Zomato before, but I use Yelp for my reviews! I wonder which one has more reviews..

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a useful app for finding good restaurants around you, especially if you are in an area you aren't familiar with - I may have to give it a go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete