My Little Christmas Day



There are two types of people at Christmas. The 'Buddy the Elf' type or 'The Grinch' type. I am, self confessed, a total Grinch.  The hype, the greed and the stress just isn't my cup of tea. Which is why this year, I did my Christmas shopping in one day (over and done with) and sort of forgot about the festive period. Like, I had exams and drama going on so the sleigh bells jingling were the last thing I wanted to hear. Until I got on the train up north. 

I spent the Christmas week with my second family in my home town, Elgin. After a mega stressful December, it was just what the doctor ordered. 

Usually, I don't get up till about 11am on Christmas and after about 3 cups of coffee me and mum would open our gifts but this year...there was a shock to the system. Mama Judes (my second mum/auntie type) woke me, Charlie and Rosie up with Christmas songs and orange juice at 7:45. I repeat-7:fucking45. First thought was, I need a nap. But you know, it wasn't too bad. Might as well make the most of the day, right?  We opened presents, had coffee and a bacon roll. And a nap. I had the most relaxing and wonderful Christmas. And I had ALL the food! We just vegged out on the couch with film after film and drink after drink. Can't ask for anything more!





This was actually my first Christmas without Mum as she spent it in Wales but the people I was with are just like my family. I have grown up with them since I was 9, you know, I've become like part of the furniture there. And at the age of 21, the presents don't matter (although they spoiled me rotten with a pandora ring!), the best part of it was spending it with the people who have been there for me and experiencing one of the best Christmases together. AWWW! 






Oh and it's good to be back on the blog! I'm feeling motivated again and I'm hoping to get the blogging ball rolling once more. 

Hope you all had a good new year!


No comments