It's cold and wet in Scotland. Time to get your Parka out!

It's cold and wet in Scotland. Time to get your Parka out!


Tartan dress
$24 - lilylulufashion.com





Bench stretch glove
$32 - houseoffraser.co.uk



It's 3rd of October, or as the yanks like to say... 


Happy Friday if you have that Friday feeling. But if you are like me and are working day and night all weekend, I say, hang in there. Think of the money. 

September has been a strange month in Edinburgh. It hasn't been cold like the years past and the summer clothes haven't been packed away just yet. Although today the temprature hase dropped and it is bucketing down with rain. My plans for shopping has been postponed and my plans for blogging and selling things on ebay have been picked up. With the British weather being so unpredictable I think you need to have all seasons of clothing near by. Don't ever pack away your clothes due to season. Until it starts to snow then maybe it's time to put your sandals in their box. Blue feet are not attractive. A parka is essential in Britain. It is so cosy and thank god that it is now classed as fashionable. My parka is two sizes to big but I'm going to go down the "It's a statement piece and over-sized clothing is cool." road. It's really because they didn't have my size and I got fed up with looking for a coat so I just grabbed it and thought-this will do. It feels like a duvet and I regret nothing. 

Have you got your winter coat? What's your staple piece for Winter? 

Little Katie 

x x 


9 comments

  1. Great look! Dress is very cool!

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the north west and its cold and raining most of the time! I love my winter parker coat. My favourite winter item are my biker boots with studs on! They go with everything and great in the rain x
    Emma | Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally understand your frustration!! :') It was so warm and then suddenly we get a cold spell with nonstop rain!! I live just outside Edinburgh and definitely think boots/fluffy jackets are a must this winter and every winter in Scotland ha,ha!! lovely post xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collage you did. That dress and coat go so nice together. I don't have a new coat for this season yet. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working all weekend too, and getting up at 5am on a Sunday is awful, all I wanted was a snuggly warm parka like that to put on this morning!

    www.quitequaint.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing things ;) I love autumn <3
    xx


    ladyfashworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely post dear!:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie :) I live in Edinburgh too and I agree- the weather has been pretty pants lately. I don't think it's supposed to get much better either unfortunately :(
    I love the parka, I lived in my green one last year and I think now it's time to invest in a new one. I also love the outfit you featured, so very typically Scottish haha!

    Alix
    www.letskissandmakeup.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Staple winter piece is definitely a big fluffy hoodie... this is a great post :P

    http://catrislittlelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete