#OOTD: Break the Rules and Max it up

At 5"1.8 (that 8 is important to me), I always steered away from maxi skirts and dresses. I have always loved them on every one else but I thought that there was no way I would be allowed to wear one with my hight-that there is some sort of rule. 
There are certain rules of fashion that society has adopted; black and brown shouldn't go together, short people shouldn't wear anything past the knee, tall people shouldn't wear heels.

Now you all listen up! 

 It is all nonsense! 

MY rule is:

 
If you want to wear it, you damn well wear it and be faaabulous doing so! 











Top: £5 (sale) Republic
Neckace: £8 Asda
Skirt: £8 Primark
Shoes: £45 White Stuff 

This maxi skirt was so cheap and the pattern just called my name. I tried it on and had to have it. Screw the rule for short people! I will wear what I want and when I want. And to quote my man, Gok Wan; 
  "It's all about the confidence!" 


How do you feel about fashion rules? 

xx 

7 comments

  1. i love your skirt! and i think that it looks great on you, even if you refer to yourself as "short". :))) keep on being fabulous dear :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit!!!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your skirt!!! really beautiful!!! <3
    xx
    http://rockmyboots.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice for anyone!
    And it helps when it's such a cute skirt.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely print.

    www.youthinkimreckless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete