Ultimo Styling. Ultimo Fun


It has taken me a few years to appreciate my smaller assets...or should I say boobettes. I'm not a chesty girl and underwear has proven to be a tricky one to master. Like, why are bra straps so long? #shortandsmallproblems. Yet, I have learnt to appreciate the smaller things in life and they still deserve to be dressed in something pretty, right? Luckily me, my two little friends and a few of the Edinburgh Blogger gang were invited to House of Frasers, Jenners to have a look at the new Ultimo lingerie range and style one of their new lines as part of the trend 'underwear and outerwear'.


Ultimo is the British lingerie brand founded in 1996 and "is built on strong heritage of quality craftsmanship with rigorous attention to detail ensuring we keep seduction, style and innovation at the centre of everything we do." The cup sizes range from A-G and the different styles means that you will find something to suit your style. Prior to thinking that it was for the more busty customer, I was pleased to see the smaller sizes with a good amount of padding! Based in East Kilbride, there was a sense of pride that it was Scottish born Michelle Mone who created the brand and comfort and style has remained the main focus over the past 20 years. 


We were greeted in the Ultimo department section with glasses of fizz and a show and tell of their new SS16 collection. It had taken inspiration from the fashion trends with lace and intricate strap details. I was really impressed with their selection that gave a nod to the much popular 'atheleisure' trend that I am seeing every where as the bright colour and overlay reminded me of a sports bra but prettier. 

The Maddie Fuller bra caught my eye with the gold chain glistening the light as it hung across the collar bone of the mannequin. Gold chains aren't really my thing but the thought of having jewellery on the bra is beautiful! I was told it can be placed at the front or draped across the back. Instantly I imagined a low back dress with a side chignon for an elegant occasion. So obviously I already have my Cannes film festival outfit ready (just waiting for the fame to come in the post any day now). 

The women were really proud of showing what they had in stock and we chatted about fashion trends, shop work and blogging. The conversation swiftly moved onto make up as we were introduced to the Lancome stand where the new 'energie-de-vie' range was ready and waiting for us to try out. It's a range of face products that help give that glow after a night out. 



 More fizz was drunk and selfies were taken before we were designated upstairs for our much anticipated styling challenge. As women of all different shapes and sizes were included, it proves that the 'underwear as outwear' trend, that is oh so perfect for summer, can be worn by anyone! There are no limits! I tend to wear brallets on occasion and its good to layer it under a jacket and I will say rule of thumb is if you're showing off a bralette is to pair it with a high waisted skirt or trouser. You don't have to, just my personal opinion.  
There was a rail of clothes and a set of bras and we each found a style to suit. 





I went for something a little more subtle, something you could do if you weren't confident in showing a midriff. Layer a bold bra under a lace or crochet top and add some accessories like gold bangles and a necklace. I found the hat in the corner and I couldn't resist. I would wear this if I was just going shopping or relaxing in the Meadows on the hot days. This was really comfortable and breezy because who wants to wear something clingy when the sun has been scorching like it has? When pieces as such, you can mix up the colours. How about a brighter colour under a white crochet top or a bright red bra under a white sheer shirt? Jen from tartanbrunette.co.uk showed off that look and it was awesome! Check out how monochrome loving Emily styled her cheeky crop top and harness too! 

We were treated to a crop top from Ultimo which is a great little lacy accessory which I will be featuring on the blog at a later date. So keep a cheeky eye out for that!

Thank you to the welcoming and friendly staff who were at the event, the photographers and Instinct PR for inviting us. 



No comments