Eating Edinburgh: Southpour Brunch





A couple of weeks ago I was invited to a preview afternoon brunch at Edinburgh's newest bar and eatery in Newington. Southpour is the freshest instagrammable, rustic bar that makes your hangover brunches look fancy and taste better than the sambuca from the night before. The cosy and relaxed ambience is perfect for a catch up with friends and some chilled drinks to start day or start your night. 




In classic Katie and Emily style, we arrived 15 minutes late (It would be rude to break our late traditions now) and were greeted warmly by the staff. Other Edinburgh Bloggers were already there taking photos of the selection of food and the oh-so 'Edinburgh hipster-esque' rustic interior, I had some catching up to do before anyone digged into the food and ruined a good photo. The struggle to not eat anything before everyone had got their snap was very much real. The food was presented beautifully and I had only had a yogurt that morning. I was almost dribbling over the cooked breakfasts, both veggie and normal. The bacon was crisped to perfection. But I was definitely dribbling over the brownies, which I will most definitely be going back for with a coffee. 







There was something for everyone depending on your taste. I had a try of the veggie cooked breakfast. I think you can tell a lot of a restaurant or cafe depending on their vegetarian options. I can confirm that the veggie sausages were delicious!! They also serve sweetcorn and tomato fritters and scrambled eggs which were divine! They weren't too gloopy and heavy and they weren't too watery either. The eggs benedict looks amazing too and I was told that they hit the spot. You can find the full brunch menu here
The homemade, own recipe cocktails is something the bar staff really pride themselves on and the selection we had for brunch was refreshing. Just what you need to give you that kick starter for the day. But I still had the taste of too much vodka from a couple of weekends prior and alcohol was strictly off the menu for me but their orange juice was just as good as any bloody mary. 








Lucky us were given cute little paper parcel goody bags filled with melt in the mouth chocolate truffles (yaaaaaas), a bag of coffee and a little bottle of vodka. It's like they already knew me! 
I will be going back their for lunch and coffee and already can't wait for those brownies. 

If you've been, let me know what you think! Brunch is always a good idea.

No comments