How To Have A Good Morning!



You know those mornings when you just jump out of bed like you're from a 1950's musical and start your day with a skip and a jump? 





That rarely happens. 

Very. Very. Rarely. 

Because for this to happen you actually have to get out of bed.

Since moving to Stirling and having the option of catching up with my 9am, 10am and 11am lectures online, sleeping until 12 and staying there has become an all too frequent hobby/time-waster/curse of mine. My sleeping schedule of finally falling asleep at 3-4am doesn't help of course. It is a horrible habit of mine which doesn't help my moods, my studies or anything I actually want to do. Could be linked to a very slight depressive state which I have been slipping into but I am ready to kick it in the balls. Hard. 

It's so easy to get stuck in a rut, I know, but I think it is important to make the most of the time you have and that actually does include time before 11am. You do feel more motivated (which is one of my resolutions for 2016) and you definitely get more things done. 

So here are some tips to have a good morning!




  • Make a list the night before. Giving yourself reason to get up. Even if it's to open that new coffee jar. 


  • Get out of bed! THIS IS SO IMPORTANT! 


  • Listen to some upbeat music. I have been listening to 'Can't stop the beat' from Hairspray. Because nothing is more upbeat than a cheesy musical number. 


  • Have a morning mantra. A saying. It can even be Hakuna Matata, as long as it s positive. Mine is; 



"You only have one life, so you might as well live it". 

  •  Nourish your Body. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and starting it off with a healthy one will set you up right for day.


  • Be Mindful. Stay in the moment. You can't change what happened the day before or what may happen tomorrow so enjoy what you can make of your day.


Even if you don't feel positive, at the end of the day, you are in control of creating your own happiness. So make a change in that morning and go out and find something to make you smile. 



Hope you have a good morning! 






Psst! I also have a Giveaway! Enter it here!

No comments