Reflections

Catch up with a cuppa

When I think over the past year, I am quite surprised at how far I have come. This time last year I was auditioning for 3rd year Acting at university, trying to convince myself and my family it was what I wanted to do. Jump ahead a few months and I am crying down the phone to my nana and mum as I finally accept that I had it wrong. When you're in a dark place and feeling that everything is out of control, you can't help but tell yourself "to get your shit together." I kept telling myself that everyday for months, hoping some sort of guardian angel was going to appear and tell me what my future was going to be. 

Frenchie:" I just wish I had a guardian angel to tell me what to do"


I didn't need that Guardian Angel from Grease; slowly I managed to pick up the pieces, got a second job, started this blog and slowly got my shit together. I have realised that journalism is the path I want to go down. I have always emphasised that I want my voice heard but the stage isn't the place for that. A new chapter had begun. 

My Grandad told me to gain as much experience as possible with my year out. I am now a writer for an online theatre website (ayoungertheatre.com) and I have been invited to several events in conjunction to my blog. I have started reading again, appreciating the choice of words and the delicacy of the way flow. I'm getting a promotion at the shop, universities have received my application and it is now a waiting game. I have met new people, learnt from them and grown up.

I have accepted that change is good. If nothing changed, nothing would happen. We would all be sitting still in darkness. A change means progression and growth. If taken with a positive attitude, it will result in a positive outcome. 

Whatever happens in terms of university, I know that I will be able to cope and I am ready for the next chapter, whatever it may be. You just have to keep reading and don't close the book. 

Little Katie

x x 

No comments