Winter Wonders

Winter Wonders

Winter Wonders by katiewilliams-101 

It's getting colder, the parka has been brought back to life and there is a bite in the crisp Scottish air. Winter has arrived. Edinburgh can only be desrcibed as a Winter Wonderland. All the shops have got their Christmas creative in and there is a wonderful magical feel.  

It is my favourite time of year and I have come up with a list of essentials of things you need and need to do. 

  1. Get out your knitwear. 
    It is getting chilly so it's time to layer up with some cosy cable knits. For the past few years now, your gran's cardi has been taking a stroll on catwalks. 
  2. Drink hot chocy.
    Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows is the ultimate winter warmer. Don't care about the calories. We need extra layers to keep warm. 
  3. Tartan. 
    Just get it. I have a tartan scarf and a tartan skirt. They are my favourite pieces in my wardrobe this season. You cannot go wrong with it. 
  4. Invest in ankle boots. 
    Ankle boots can be dressed up, dressed down and go with everything. Find the right pair for you. I think it is always worth investing in a good pair of boots. I have had a pair, similar to the ones in my polyvore set, for 5 years. I wap them out every year and fall in love with them all over again. 
  5. Spend time with your loved ones.
    Christmas is about friends and family. There is nothing more I love than being all snuggly  on the sofa with my friends, watching XFactor with a heap of junk food. 
  6. Get into the Christmas Spirit. 
    The build up to that day is usually better than the actual day, so enjoy the smell of cinnamon and the buzz in your town because come January, we're all going to be skintos and a not doing our new year resolutions. 

And it's only 38 days until Christmas! 
















Little Katie
x x

5 comments

  1. Oh my gosh - can't believe it's only 38 days until Christmas!! I bought my first present today but I've got 3 men to buy for who are always the hardest to choose prezzies for! I agree that snuggling up with loved and getting cosy is the nicest thing about Winter. I'm also really looking forward to the lights going up and the Christmas market opening. Edinburgh has such a good buzz this time of year. xx

    LovefromLouLou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Do you want to win a warm coat? If yes, just join my new giveaway! http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/2014/11/oasap-giveaway-win-warm-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. At seems as soon as Winter hits, I drink as many hot drinks as I want no matter the calories haha x

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drink hot chocolate like it's water when the weather gets cold! x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this time of year! Tartan is my favourite thing to wear in winter too. Would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete