Doing 2017.


Anyone else feel like 2016 fucked them over a little? By December I questioned where the year went and why did I feel like I had wasted it? Of course I did some great things in 2016 and overall feel very lucky to have visited the places I did and make some really good friends but I can't help feeling like I could have done more. 
2016 fucked us over. Now I'm ready to fuck 2017.



I fear that we have become an observant society. We scroll, look and read about the on-goings of the world, Syria, America, Britain, Europe and even our own towns. We can share and write a tweet about what we want to change or how horrible it is but do we actually do anything? I don't. I continue to sit and scroll further into the mind-numbing Facebook.
We don't all have to be world changers. We don't have to lead protests in the street but this year I want to engage more by talking to more people about these issues, start a conversation over the after work pints. It could all start from a conversation that may prove to be more valuable than giving it a 'like' or 'angry emoji' on Facebook. The power of conversation is priceless. You can learn, teach and find a new passion or subject of interest with people you would never have thought you could have. It can be too easy nowadays to pick up your phone while going for coffee with friends, but instead of instagramming your skinny latte, drink it while it's hot and laugh with your friends as you burn your tongue.

Pro-active is my word of the year. I want to write, create, talk, learn, study and live this year being completely present in the moment. Social media has consumed my life this year, as I waited for replies, likes and comments. I read news, articles, discussions on war, politics, feminism and independent businesses. I liked and shared. It stopped there. 2016 was the year of complaining with eye rolling emoji's as 'more bad news' dropped on my timeline. I complained that I didn't have motivation, that I didn't read as my book collected dust while I scroll instagram for an hour, I complained that I did the same thing every night and continued to do so. I got myself in a cycle and it is now time for it to be broken. So far I have already deleted the facebook app and picked up a book to read. I have come across an online website looking for writers who I'm wanting to apply for and I've decided to have a massive clear out. I feel like I've just hit the refresh button. Something I think a lot of us could do instead of watching re-runs on Netflix.

I'm sick of sitting in bed at the end of day feeling like I've wasted my day. I'm done with waking up with a regrettable hangover. At the end of 2017, I want to feel satisfied with the year, knowing I gave enough fucks to actually do something with my myself.

Time is what you make of it and I want to make the absolute most of this time I am given.

So here's to 2017. Let's see what you've got.

No comments