Thursday Thoughts: Take The Opportunity


Over time we can feel like everyday is the same old day. You get up, go to work, school or university, hang out with friends, go to bed and repeat. So what do you do when an opportunity to change your routine comes about? You bloody well take it. 

I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, that opportunities are given to us by Spirit and it's up to us to decide whether to take them or not.  It doesn't have to be big shiny life changing ones like a new life in New York sort of one, but you never know what might come out of it, what door it could open. 




Last week I FINALLY went to the TV society meeting at Uni. The uni gives us societies as a way of meeting people who share your likes and loves for things, so why not take that as a good opportunity (I'm going to be using that word a lot I think), and just change up your weekly schedule? My Wednesday nights are now no longer about staying in and binge watching Suits (how good is that show though?). 
On that first meeting it was announced that someone from Scotland's national paper is wanting young people interested in journalism and media (my degree by the way) to join him on a project and there was to be a meeting a couple of days later. Well, how could I pass on that? And it turned out to be better than expected. I'm not going into much detail but...watch this space. 

You know, it all just fell into place. I felt excited about life (ohmygod, hashtag loving life, peace sign) and actually I'm really excited about what the future has for me. And I'm not even a third through my degree and I think I'm onto something special. 


Don't fear change. Embrace it. Embrace a new path and a new direction. From something like moving to a different city, looking for a different job or going back to study. Grab the change with both hands! 

It could even be taking an opportunity to simply meet new people, a simple bloggers event perhaps. You have just opened up a world of new experiences and connections just by meeting people, who you wouldn't have met in your everyday routine. You could make a friend from it, you could learn something new and if nothing else, just have a fun time. I mean, you could just sit in and wonder "what if". Well here's the best part: 

That wonder becomes knowing. 

If you say yes to more things, you wont sit there wondering. You will know what will happen and what can happen in the future. Everything you do causes a chain reaction and if you hesitate to take up an opportunity (seriously that is barely looking like a word now), you decrease the chance of a wonderful change. 

So take more chances and say YES to more things. 
And I leave you with my mantra: 

You only have one life, you might as well live it. 


And talking of opportunities, why not take this opportunity to win a HOLIDAY TO SWITZERLAND courtesy of Molton Brown. All you have to do is click HERE 

*images from Pinterest

No comments