A Little Trip to the Welsh Coast



When I can, I like to be a good daughter and visit my mum in North Wales. So I took 4 days out of my busy Edinburgh city life and went down to Rhos-On-Sea. Mum moved there 2 years ago and I often dread it. The quiet seaside life is very different from the one I have grown accustomed to. The fact I only went down for 4 days left no room for silly arguments or boredom.

 I actually had a holiday! I walked on the beach with chips with mum, had a bit of sight seeing round the little welsh towns, (despite lack of sun in the photos)I got sun burnt AND got a stick of rock! #Touristlife

So what is there to do in North Wales? For young people (like me), I suggest a week is enough.
Here is my Welsh Week Trip Advice.

Beaches.

The sandy beaches are perfect as summer approaches. From Llandudo around the coast to Rhyl is a line of seaside town which are full of cafes, ice cream parlours, shops, arcades, fun fairs and car boot sales. I stayed in Rhos-on-Sea which is right next to Colwyn Bay which has some shops. Rhos-on-Sea is a quiet seaside town which has a picturesque promenade walk.

Llandudo
Llandudno is the Victorian seaside town which plenty of hotels, restauraunts and bars. The Pier can hold rides for kids and little stores. Take a walk down and see what you can find. It changes every time. Venue Cymru is a theatre which shows musicals, singers and events. Evita is on right now, if I had more time I would have went to see it. We did take a drive up the Great Orm and see the wonderful view of the Coast.

Conwy



This little town is a walled market town. It is home to the beautiful Conwy Castle and of course the seaside is there too. The history is all there. cobbled streets and stone buildings take you back to the medieval periods. It has award winning fish and chip shops, ice cream and pubs. It has one of the oldest houses in the Uk which is said to be haunted. I found it hard to believe people actually live in the town because it is like you are in another world, like a film set.

Angelsy
Angelsy was connected to the mainland in the 1800s but it still feels different and another surreal island. The beautiful sandy beaches are still there. It's picturesque and proidves a lovely day out.

If you get bored Chester is an hours drive from Llandudno which provides night life and more shops. That's what my trip was missing. Next time!




1 comment

  1. custom iphone 6 case is your online source for custom custom hard hats,cheap custom hat and designer backpacksand and custom sweatshirts specifically customized with your logo, artwork or slogan

    ReplyDelete